“ …to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” Eph 4:12-13 NIV
There are a variety of groups offered for all different interests and age groups. Sunday School groups begin at 9:15 a.m. The following is a list of Sunday School groups and their location in the Sanctuary Building (along Main Street) and the Fellowship Center (behind the Sanctuary Building north of Strawberry Alley).
- Nursery: Infant to age 3, staffed from 9:00-11:45, upstairs
- Middle School: 6th grade through 8th grade, upstairs
- Parenting Class: young to middle adults, upstairs
- The Sunshine Class: Senior adult singles & adult couples, Fellowship Hall in rear of sanctuary, studies theInternational Sunday School Lesson
- Primary: ages 3 through 5th grade, Room 305
- Senior High Class: 9th through 12th grades, Rooms 309-310, currently sharing everyday concerns and finding biblical guidance for navigating through the choppy waters of life
- The Good Samaritan Class: Mixed singles & couples, Room 306, currently studying an Andy Stanley series.
- The Furnace: College age gathering meeting at different locations for discussion of current issues and Biblical Applications.
Groups You Can Join
This weekly program is for youth in 6th through 8th grade. The group is active in community service, fun events and also relating Biblical principles to the youth lifestyle.
New Creation Youth Group
Come join New Creation Youth Group for fun, learning, games, trips, service projects, music and much more. New Creation is for youth from 9th to 12th grade. We meet every Sunday night in the Fellowship Center from 6:00 until 8:00 pm in rooms 309/310. Don’t be bashful. We’re not an “exclusive” group. We’re quick to make new friends and can’t wait to meet you.
If you are in need of prayer or have a friend or loved one with a need, please feel free to make use of one of the two “prayer clubs’’ in our church. The “7 Club”, is a telephone chain for immediate needs. A call is passed through the chain for immediate prayer. If necessary it is then added to the “31 Club” for longer term prayer. The “31 Club”, has someone praying each day of the month. The person receives prayer for two months. If more prayer is needed, the name can be put back on the list. We always need new members for both “clubs.”
Numerous Bible study opportunities exist within our church. We encourage each and everyone to participate in them where and when you can. It’s a great way to continue in Christian fellowship. For further information contact the church office: 717-737-6621
Small Groups Schedule
9:15 Sunday School – All Ages
6:00-8:00 Combined Youth Groups
10:00am M. Crossly/L. Zody – Card Ministry (1st & 3rd in Library)
6:30pm Women’s Study (Fellowship Hall)
10:00am Pastor Swanger Bible Study (Library)
Safe Sanctuaries Policy
Training events for this policy are mandatory for all SUMC volunteer and paid personnel working with children and youth, on or off campus.